BKR surrender: what does that mean? The abbreviation BKR stands for Bureau Krediet Registration. BKR is responsible for informing affiliated organizations about loans that consumers have taken out. The information provided to these affiliated organizations can help these organizations to consider whether it is justified to provide a new credit or subscription. If you take out a loan, this is always noted by BKR. If you then do not repay this credit in time or according to the rules, you risk a negative BKR registration. You can read more about the negative BKR registration and BKR surrender in this article.
Buy off the various registrations at BKR
There are various negative BKR registrations that you can get from BKR. This concerns the following registrations:
- BKR coding A1: this coding means that there has been or has been a payment backlog, but that a payment arrangement has been made for this backlog.
- BKR coding A2: this coding means that the remainder of the claim on you is claimable for the relevant lender. This simply means that the lender can claim the debt from you.
- BKR code A3: this code means that an amount of 250 USD or more has been deducted from your total debt amount.
- BKR coding A4: this coding means that you cannot be found by the authorities involved.
- BKR coding H: this coding means that you have paid your payment arrears and therefore have no more debts. In this case you have therefore succeeded in commuting BKR.
BKR surrender: how does that work?
If you want to get rid of your BKR registration, you must surrender your BKR. This means that you pay off your debts and simply wait for this development to be noticed by BKR. You can only opt for BKR surrender if you simply pay your outstanding debt and wait until BKR has changed your data.
However, the actual BKR surrender takes longer than just paying off your debt, because after BKR surrender you are still in the BKR system for five years and your data will therefore remain visible for five years after BKR surrender. In principle, you cannot do anything about this, so you simply have to wait until BKR deletes your data after five years after BKR surrender. However, if you can prove that the BKR registration seriously hinders you from important matters, you can lodge an objection. Use a specialized company for this so that buying out your BKR registration is more likely to succeed.